10/10 would reccomend
Worst. Teacher. Ever. You're honestly better off learning from a scarecrow than this man. His class is so boring that almost everyone either goes on their phones or sleeps. He takes points off for eating in class, and he'll generally take off as many points as possible just for fun. His homeworks take forever to complete (say goodbye to sleep). He's absolutely the worst. Switch out if you can (thank me later).
Hes such a bad teacher he pulls up textbook pages on the projector and reads exactly whats on the screen hes useless you have to learn everything on your own or your gonna do terrible honestly don't know why he hasn't been fired yet
he does not teach,and expects you to learn from the textbook homework which he assigns a ton of.if you dont do things his specific way he will take off points (hw, tests, quizzes) just for fun. His tests can be easy as they are all multiple choice and he copies all the questions from a worksheet he gives you, but he will not at all prepare you for the AP. I slept through the majority of his class as all her does is use the exact words from the textbook in a powerpoint, and talks at a snails pace
redoes questions every single day
Gerald Simowitz is the man, the myth and the legend. Helpful and insightful however there is quite a bit of textbook reading / independent learning. He cares about teaching and gets excited about class, he makes dry subject matter interesting. In addition he has little things to help you remember concepts and formulas. Work diligently and show enthusiasm and you will go far in his class.
For Simmy, practicepracticepractice = 5. He doesn't really teach - you self learn. The thing is, it's junior year, you're tired, and it's almost impossible to do 30 impossible textbook questions in a week. If you wanna do well, manage time well.
I took AP Physics B to "expand my interest" in science. What do you know, after having him, all of my interest in science got destroyed. Also, watch out for the ostrich technique.
All he does is tell us about Stratton and how he is having a great time working there when we have to do his textbook problems consisting of about 20-40 each week. Basically reads off the textbook and doesn't teach at all. Horrible at explaining stuff. The class has to depend on each other to understand stuff. Good luck if you have him. Rushes the material that there is not enough time to absorb it for the next test.
What can i say about Simmy? dont complain about him, just because he forgets to teach stuff doesnt mean he isnt a good teacher, basically, my point is---if u need skiing lessons, hes the guy to go to. Hes got that GTESA. Dont hate on him. He could be the next G-Money. You feel me?
GTESA GTESA GTESA
....so I was working in Straton one day. We curse and make fun of his ethnicity during class. Nah, he doesn't mind.
you will learn very little physics, and be EXTREMELY frustrated while doing so, but it somehow works out in the end. you'll end up with a great grade in his class even if you think you learned nothing, and pass the ap too. dw
Have Fun if you have him for AP Physics B :) Basically it's a course that you have to teach yourself, and the teacher is just their to make the course more confusing. Tests are fair, but if u dont do the HW, FAIL!
people including me thought he was terrible in high school because he wouldnt explain stuff and told you to read the textbook, but hes exactly like very science professor in college
He doesnt teach anything on the test! HELP SIGN! APPLES?
here are some simoquotes: Eugene: How does a gyroscope work? Simowitz: "It's a gyroscope!"; "The answer to your question is no, but in reality, the answer is yes." basically, have fun
syosset report card reported over 99% of its teachers as highly qualified. Simo must be in the other 1%
I think Simo is a beast. He is actually a good teacher and the ppl that think he isnt just dont try enough. I enjoy his class a lot.
Mr SImowitz is very cool, and teaches me alot. I enjoy his class. Keep up the good work.
Mr. Simowitz bores me to death. his review is no good and takes forever just to explain one problem this probably resulted in failures on the regents.
you rock simo. i get 20 questions wrong on a multiple choice and i still managed an 80! i love simowitz. he let's me leave class to goto the bathroom
Very funny class, kids took control. did some work though, but distracted easily