Average 3.94 based on 18 teacher ratings
Gail Schulman is a Science teacher at Wilde Lake High School located in Columbia, Maryland and part of Howard County Public Schools. Gail Schulman's 18 teacher ratings contributes to Wilde Lake High School's ranking of 229 in Maryland. Additionally, the average teacher rating at Wilde Lake High School is 3.93 stars.
2
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
3
Clarity
5
Knowledge
5
Textbook Use
4
Exam Difficulty
5
Effective
5
Parent Relation
5
Integrity
4
Empathy
5
Respect
5
Determination
5
Homework

Ms. Schulman was one of the top two teachers my daughter had in HS. She ended up taking AP Chem even though she doesn't need it, because Ms. Schulman's fascination with science is absolutely contagious! I am frustrated and angry that she was transferred and that the school would not say where she was sent. They lost a true educator.

1
Easiness
1
Helpfulness
1
Clarity
5
Knowledge
5
Textbook Use
4
Exam Difficulty

Knows the material herself incredibly well, however she is a very poor instructer and cannot teach a classroom. She does not know how to convey the material to the students so that they have a deep understanding of the lessons. And the class is weighted so that 90% of your grade depends on Labs, Tests, and Quizzes. The other 10% is incredibly time consuming "check-assignments" (aka worksheets and other classwork or homework). Thus, if you fail a test, your grade plummits!!

4
Easiness
2
Helpfulness
2
Clarity
5
Knowledge
5
Textbook Use
4
Exam Difficulty

She knows an extraordinary amount about chemistry, but she can't convey it very well. Unless you have a previous knowledge of chemistry, this is a difficult class

5
Easiness
5
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

do you follow?

3
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
4
Clarity

Understanding the material in this class is more important than just doing homework for the sake of doing so. It is more important to ace the tests and labs to get on her "good list".

3
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
2
Clarity

2
Easiness
5
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

Great teacher. Energetic class with lots of sarcastic humor that is relevant. Definetly a class everyone needs to take.

2
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
3
Clarity

Just make sure she understands that you actually want to learn the material. You really do have to try hard in this class, but it pays off because she is a decent teacher and a brilliant lady.

1
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
2
Clarity

If your not good at math, DON'T take her class. Take notes from overhead and do practice problems. She only helps the students she likes (which are those who get A's). Need to do well on tests.

5
Easiness
5
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

I graduated years ago and I can tell you that Ms. Schulman is one of those special teachers you will fondly remember 10 or 15 years later. Through elem, middle, high school, college and graduate school few teachers stand out like she does. Do yourself a favor, if you have a chance to take a class from her- DO IT.

4
Easiness
5
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

Good person, good class.

1
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

Schulman is absolutely the best teacher I had in high school - she's awesome, she's fun, and if you take her class seriously, you'll learn a lot.

1
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
3
Clarity

she is a very intelligent lady however she needs to break it down to high school level so more of her students can understand

1
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

She's a brilliant person who knows what she's talking about, but it seems like she can't get the point across to her students. She's cool though!

2
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
3
Clarity

ChemistryGT class is hard with lots of work,but shes a fun teacher and tell odd jokes that supposedly relates to Chem.

2
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
3
Clarity

Cool teacher but you'll get your fair share of work. She's tough but fair.

2
Easiness
3
Helpfulness
1
Clarity

bad teacher

3
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
3
Clarity

She's is awesome...good teacher right there! I've learned a lot and it's one of my few classes that are actually challenging. Rock on, Ms. Schulman!!

2
Easiness
4
Helpfulness
5
Clarity

A great teacher for advanced students. She can see through most of the tricks we have for slacking off, and she's really committed to helping us learn.

Similar science teachers like Gail Schulman?

Paul Mandl Science
13 Ratings
11 Ratings
7 Ratings
5 Ratings
4 Ratings

Learn more about Wilde Lake High School

5-star
67%
4-star
13%
3-star
9%
2-star
3%
1-star
5%
Based on 819 Ratings
Wilde Lake High School is a public high school located in Columbia, Maryland and part of Howard County Public Schools. Wilde Lake High School is ranked 230 in Maryland. Learn More